<$BlogPageTitle$> <$BlogMetaData$>

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Baked Bliss

Couture Confections



Something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue, and a sixpense in her shoe! Here comes the bride!!! In honor of my favorite cousin to be, Jennifer Stepp, I am hosting an all desserts bridal shower next weekend in Greenville, SC. The invitations have long been sent, decorations purchased, and all the fun ingredients to create these wedding dress cookies were burning a hole in my apron. 

My sweet and oh so talented mom and I made these delighful cookies inspired by ones seen online. At home Martha, AKA my Mom now that she's retired, envisioned sugar spice and everything nice as we "whipped up" a batch of love for the blushing bride.

How could she of forgotten the fiasco we had last fall with the thanksgiving cookies!? Moms are the best and yes "we" will be decorating those again this year.  I am always less than thrilled when my attempts at being  Martha, Paula, and Sandra Lee don't come to fruition.

As I whined that it wasn't nearly as easy or as fun as I'd anticipated, we simply must not have bought the correct supplies, and that it would have been a much better idea to purchase them off line where we were had been so inspired , my mom hummed away so happy to be baking up some goodness in the same kitchen she has for over thirty years.

Some things just must come natural... for me, this means lots of shopping, BUYING the food, and being a gracious hostess with perfectly placed tableware, florals, and great company. For mom, it requires carefully planned menus of  tried and true recipes made from scratch. It brings her so much joy and pride to prepare a delicious meal for her family or guests and she doesn't break a sweat.

Served on my grandmother's blue and white China,  these precious cookies were made with all the love and good intentions we wish for the new bride to be. And that is something you can't ship to your front door.






3 comments:

  1. OOOOOOOOH bestie!!! I LOVE THEM and the story that goes with it. What a wonderful dessert shower that will be :-) you are awesome at what you do. 2 thumbs up my love!!!!-Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sista, the cookies look beautiful! I can just picture you and your mom getting to work in the kitchen. Miss yall so much! Can't wait for the holidays :) love, ali

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I love all of your sweet comments!!